While more and more businesses have come to understand the advantages of cloud-based telecommunications systems, it’s often hard to get around the fact that moving from an older solution costs money.
That puts executives in a quandary: Do they put off the investment until it’s absolutely necessary and use their dollars for other initiatives, or upgrade their system now in order to take advantage of the flexibility, cost-effectiveness and power a cloud-based solution can offer?
It’s a decision that involves more than dollars and cents. Cloud-based phone systems provide organizations with tools that allow everyone from remote workers to call center staff to salespeople on the road to connect easily and quickly, share information and join meetings from wherever they happen to be at a given moment. At a time when sales, product development and customer service often depend on speed to satisfy market demands, cloud solutions can make all the difference to a company’s success.
But spending money wisely is also important, and that’s where SIP trunking comes in.
Bringing Cloud Benefits to Onsite Phone Systems
Simply put, SIP trunking lets companies leverage the cloud’s power without requiring them to replace their existing onsite phone systems. High quality digital voice service and full-featured unified communications become available without additional hardware costs.
SIP trunking seamlessly connects the features of your onsite telephone system with those offered through the cloud. For example, enhancements that would have required you to invest in new hardware and software can now be added without the involvement of the IT staff or the need for capital expenditures. Dedicated communication lines aren’t necessary either. All you need is a strong Internet connection take advantage of SIP trunking.
Sound technical? Well, it is, but that’s not your worry anymore. Once you’re set up with SIP trunking, the responsibilities of making things happen in the cloud are transferred from your technical staff to your vendor. While you can administer your phone system to add or remove users or specific features, the vendor takes on the tasks associated with hardware and software updates, system maintenance and everything else that has to do with the cloud-based features you can now access.
What are some of these features?
For one, your customers will now be able to reach you through a local phone number. Through the network, you can connect to any region of the country, effectively giving you a presence anywhere you do business.
In addition, your system will be more reliable. Your legacy solution may depend on a direct connection between you and your vendor. If something happens to that connection, your system goes down. SIP trunking allows access through multiple IP connections, meaning redundancy is built-in. Plus, SIP trunking can also improve employee productivity by removing geographic barriers and improving collaboration no matter if your staff is in the office or working remotely.
High Tech has partnered with some of the most well-respected vendors of SIP trunking technology and expertise available anywhere. With that comes a path to enhanced telecommunications services for companies who want more flexibility in the way they upgrade services, cut costs and lay the groundwork for the continued growth of their business.
Many businesses that make the switch to VoIP, Unified Communications and SIP trunking find they’ve not only lowered operational expenses, but have also increased productivity and ROI throughout their entire workforce.
Here are some examples of how VoIP, UC combined with SIP trunking can yield significant benefits:
* Rapid ROI: SIP Trunking does not require a significant capital expenditure but immediately begins to reduce costs while also maintaining the features customers have with their local PBX.
* Leverage ubiquitous broadband availability: SIP Trunks are delivered over IP, and often with compression you can get more call concurrency or call volume over a modern broadband circuit vs old style T1 / PRI telephone services.
* Enables fast geographic growth: By using networking to combine voice and data, SIP Trunks can connect distant business locations to expand a company’s geographic voice and data system.
* Reduced call cost: SIP trunking can dramatically reduce the cost of making and taking calls.
* Unified Communications: SIP Trunking provides a gateway to creating an IP-based UC system that brings together voice, data, Instant Messaging, presence, and application sharing.
* Increased productivity: SIP Trunking enables improved collaboration of your workforce by creating the ability to seamlessly connect multiple offices and mobile workers.
* Mobility: SIP Trunking can help tie together mobile devices and remote workers by enabling a blend of premise and cloud based services.
* Scalability: Unlike traditional Telco CO lines and T1/PRI lines that require planning for peak at all times, SIP trunking offers on-demand scalability. You only pay for what you need, and enable excess capacity when and where needed. Best of all, you can plan for peak at the enterprise level, and not just by office location.
* Reliability: SIP Trunking is very stable. Rather than being at the mercy of local events such as power or circuit outages, SIP trunking can automatically be rerouted to other offices, mobile phones, or virtually anywhere based on your business rules.
* User Experience: SIP Trunking creates an easy-to-use communications interface for IT managers and the employee users. For small to medium-sized businesses, SIP Trunking is an efficient and cost effective way for to scale quickly without big capital expenses.